Benefits of Membership in the Island Equipment Owners Association
Membership year is July 1st to June 30th
Dues - $350.00 per year + 5% GST
The quality and dependability of the membership, whose skill, capability and integrity have been established in the area, are the reasons why you deal with a greater measure of confidence with a member of the ISLAND EQUIPMENT OWNERS ASSOCIATION. Over the years the focus of the organization has been invigorated and expanded with particular emphasis on filling needs within the community that benefit and relate to members of the Association. The extraordinary way in which so many of our members come together to support our community projects and the Truck Light Convoy and Food Drive encourages us to continue the founding traditions of the IEOA.
1. Membership is divided into two catagories:
- Equipment Owners
2. General Meetings – Dues pay for one person per Member Company at dinner meetings. Guests may be invited at a nominal charge.
- General membership meetings are held four times a year.
- Members can make presentations at General Meetings.
- Guest Speakers – industry related
3. Annual Founder's Bursary – Minimum of $2,500 - Maximum $9,000
- An employee or dependant of an employee or principal of an IEOA member company can apply for this scholarship.
4. Newsletter – Members can provide advertising material for inclusion, at no cost. Newsletters go out electronically once a month to all members.
5. Annual IEOA Members Handbook
- Member information is included in the handbook. The purpose of the handbook is to inform our clientele of the diverse types of equipment and services that we can offer them.
- This handbook is distributed to all members, consultants, fire departments, construction companies and municipalities.
- Handbook contains a suggested equipment rate section. This section is revised annually.
6. Membership listing on IEOA website – www.ieoa.ca. Member’s email address and/or website will be linked on the IEOA website.
7. Opportunity to sit on the following committees
- Truck Light Convoy Committee
- IEOA Founder’s Bursary Committee
- Golf Tournament Committee
- Rate Review Committee
- Project Review Committee
8. Special community discounts for Members:
- Preferred corporate rate plan with Accent Inns and Hotel Zed. These rates apply at Accent Inns in Victoria, Vancouver Airport, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamloops.
- 10% client savings card for discounts at Mark’s Work wear.
- Benefit Program with NexGen Hearing. Discounts on hearing aids, hearing protection and hearing testing rates.
9. Social Activities
- Christmas Party in November - Dues pay for one person per Member Company, plus one guest. Extra guests are welcome at a nominal fee with a maximum of 8 people per company.
- Summer Barbecue in June - Dues pay for one person per Member Company, plus one guest. Additional guests are welcome for a small fee.
- Golf Tournament in July - Golfers are welcome to attend at the decided on rate with opportunities to sponsor a hole, raffle prize, prize hole. Event proceeds go to the Bursary Program.
10. IEOA Membership gives you – NETWORKING
- An opportunity to know your competitors as individuals and enjoy their friendship and respect.
- A medium of exchange with others in similar business areas.
11. The Association acts as your spokesman at all levels of government.
12. The Association works on behalf of members on matters that are industry related (Work Safe BC, municipal bylaws, ICBC, CRD, Fortis BC, etc.)
13. Community involvement
- Community volunteer projects
- Christmas Truck Light Convoy and Food Drive
- Donations to community organizations and projects